- To contribute to education and training, which we see as the most effective ways to develop people and to build societies that free, fair and compassionate.
- To promote culture, to continually enrich it, and promote innovative cultural creation, by creating incentives to develop culture and the channels for its dissemination.
- To foster the shared, common values of democratic societies, especially those that champion pluralism, tolerance, defence of peace and the environment.
- To strengthen ties between Europe and Latin America, areas that have shared history, values and culture for centuries.
- To publish quality works in the field of education; innovative materials that will more effectively help teachers and students.
- To supplement our publishing output with services that facilitate access to training and culture, as well as engagement with channels of communication and debate that foster interest and participation.
- To act all times with professionalism and to maintain our independence by adopting criteria of rigor, respect and intellectual honesty.